Finnishman in London

"Time will tell if the focus will narrow in the course of time." Ha ha ha ... I let this act as a preable to the rather free-style writings in this blog. Mostly casual observations in real life and media, some sports, even self-ridiculing attempts at poetry;)

Friday, June 23, 2006

Is it just me or is this a bit odd?


Welcome To The Wankbahn (Our Summer Cable Car) The sunny mountain for the entire familiy (sic)

The website of Bayerische Zugspitzbahn in Catholic Bavaria, Germany

When you are ready for more activity, you can romp in the meadows with your favorite companions (we are pet friendly and welcome dogs) ... or bring your plane and take advantage of our ...

Read the rest on the website of Fox Hill, A Virginia bed&breakfast


Why did I find these? Well, to cut a long story short I did some research for a story. But the Google search did have some should I say rather grave consequences.

Letters from Beyond is a special place that allows you to leave your last statement to the world... something everyone can remember you by once you are gone.

Perhaps due to the slightly eerie undertone the site carries, its twelve years of existence has apparently produced only four entries. Maybe it is because it is late or something else but I would like to reproduce one of the entries here, even if it somehow feels like peeking into someones personal life. But I hope the bigger context will be clear.

LOVING YOU

Who knows what will happen before I get back... But I want you, Jennifer, Kea and Becky, to know that I love you. I'm sorry Daddy had to go away, but I will always be thinking of you, no matter where I am, in this world or the next. You have to know that, and whenever you feel alone, come and read this, and you will know that I'm with you in spirit.

Sgt. R.B., U.S. Marines

Put it simply, touching. Hopefully not a last online entry. And an example of where searching for "romping in the meadows" can lead you to. Even googling the phrase does not produce more than a handful of individual results. Let us finish with one. I promise, the last.

Even then I knew only good kids get to romp in the meadows of heaven with Jesus. And little boys who like other little boys and want to get to know other little boys (in the Biblical sense of know) were not welcome.

If you really want to know click here

[The image from
www.cartoonstock.com/directory/r/romping.asp]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home