Finnishman in London

"Time will tell if the focus will narrow in the course of time." Ha ha ha ... I let this act as a preable to the rather free-style writings in this blog. Mostly casual observations in real life and media, some sports, even self-ridiculing attempts at poetry;)

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Mobile trouble

Today I came across this handy feature on the Metropolitan Police website where you can report "Non-Emergency Crime and Hate crime"

Unfortunately it was out of necessity. Let me play mr detective ...

Location: Nanobyte Bar, Wardour Street, Soho

What: Having dinner with two friends before the Arsenal-Barcelona football-match, and having the first beer.

The incident (how i reported it online): A well dressed man, probably aged 25-30, dark long curly hair, round glasses with black rims [we did - a bit worryingly - argue afterwards did he wear glasses or not], maybe 6 feet to 6 feet 2, came to ask me and my friend [his girlfriend was in the loo] if a certain chair in our table was free. We said it is not but pointed to another one. However, he did not accept the offer but left. Soon afterwards I noticed my mobile phone had disappeared from the pocket of my coat, that was on the back of my chair. I reported this incident to the bar staff and they said there is nothing they can do. When I asked if I should call the police they recommended me not to bother as it would cause hassle (the theft took place just before the Barcelona-Arsenal match). Evidence; the battery of the phone was full and charged, there was signal but when I tried to call it with my friend's phone got the automatic not reachable message.

Conclusion: What could be a more aptly named place to have your mobile phone stolen than Nanobyte bar? There is an obvious association to technology. They do have megabyte meals as well (the pizza at £6.50 was pretty good). Well, someone got 4 megabytes of a Nokia for a dessert, with some strange Finnish-flavoured content in it, also featuring some videoclips from Greece.

The challenge: If anyone can return my Nokia 6170, serial No. 355016002645262, I will provide him with 256megabytes of laptop RAM (seriously).

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Will said...

Funny, me and my mate Dan were walking past Nanobyte bar the other day.

Me: All they serve is chips.
Dan: That place is always RAMmed.

hahahhhaa

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Been there, done that said...

Damned are you and your humour;)

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really sorry to hear about what happened.

Nanobyte Bar normally has a really good crowd and so I'm surprised.

The staff know to keep their eyes peeled for any suspicious behaviour but in a busy bar this can be difficult.

I hope you have luck with your offer to get it back...

Sam
Nanobyte Bar

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home